Challenge Participant 80% Professional Reader Reviews Published

Sunday 26 October 2014

Gia Riley - The Reflection Series

Series Title: The Reflection series
Including: Between the Pain, After the Pain
Author: Gia Riley
Released: June 2014 & Sept 2014
Find on
Goodreads
Graduating from nursing school and finding herself thrown into the real world, twenty-two year old Hallie Dawson is determined to prove herself on the job. A chance encounter on the first day has charming Ryan Andrews showing up everywhere she goes. With only a string of random hook-ups and one failed relationship in her past, Hallie isn’t used to being pursued. For the first time, two men desire her. Will she choose the right one – or does fate hold all the cards? 
Between the Pain is a Contemporary Romance novella about finding love - and being brave enough to follow your heart. Will Hallie end up in the arms of her true love or are the moments in between her pain forming the real story.
Timing is everything. 
A fraction of a second, one altered course, one note -- change her life forever.

The song ends and we’re left in the middle of the dance floor staring at each other. Neither of us makes a move to say anything else. Why can’t I just say yes like any other normal girl would? 
One of the bartenders is on the small stage announcing a drink special and something about a band starting in fifteen minutes. I’m too busy looking into Ryan’s eyes to really care about either of those two things right now. Before I have a chance to get my words of acceptance out, Ryan decides to end the moment. 
“Think about it, about what I said. It’s just a date and I don’t care if we do it like everyone else or not. Well I care how we do it but that isn’t important right now.” The heat in his gaze makes me take a step back, not because I’m not feeling it, but because I am feeling it. I’ve never had a reaction quite like this one before. I’m quickly figuring out Ryan isn’t like most guys and I think he’s just the adventure I need to help break out of my shell.

Review:

4 out of 5 stars Kindle Copy for Review

Hallie Dawson has just graduated from nursing school and has little experience in relationships. So one her week at work she encounters two men who persue her. 

She meets Ryan Andrews another nurse who sweeps her off her feet.  They both quickly fall for each other but fate has other plans for them.  Their time together is short as she tries to hold on.

Was this her only time for her to find love or is this a start to a new love?  Can she forget Ryan and allow another man in, only time will tell in the next installment.

A short bittersweet story that we want to see what will happen to our heroine.


Does everything really happen for a reason? 
Hallie Dawson is battling with a broken heart yet determined to give love a second chance. Once again, time isn’t in her favor. Her moments After the Pain are filled with promises of a better future and personal secrets. With mysterious notes continuously haunting her and a secret friendship with a fellow musician, Hallie is struggling to stay true to her heart. 
Tall, dark and handsome, Sean Thomas, is tired of being second best. This time, the good guy refuses to finish last. If he wants to get the girl, he’s going to have to confront the one person who broke his heart. His past is on a collision course with his future – will he be able to hang onto his connection with Hallie? 
After the Pain is a Contemporary Romance novel about restoring faith in the beauty of love. Can Sean put the pieces of Hallie’s heart back together? Will love conquer all, or will jealousy and secrets tear them apart?

“Wow, babe,” Sean says when he gets out of the shower. I should thank him for the compliment but I’m enjoying my own view right now. His towel is slung around his hips, taunting me. I want nothing more than to yank on the small corner holding it in place. I keep my eyes locked on his and can physically see the second he realizes my intentions. 
“Hallie, what are you doing?”
“Exploring.” When I reach him, my hands untuck the corner of the towel, sending it falling to the floor. My hands start at his broad shoulders making sure to touch every single velvety inch of skin in front of me. I place my lips on his chest, sucking up the water droplets left behind. “Shit, baby. Your mouth feels incredible.”


Review:

4 out of 5 stars Kindle Copy for Review

After the sudden death of Ryan, Hallie Dawson turns to Sean Thomas for comfort.  Is this her second chance at love or is it to close after Ryan’s death.

Sean Thomas fell in love with Hallie when they first met but did not persue it because of Ryan. He does not want to be second best and does not want to come in last.  He has his insecurities when it comes to Hallie and other men especially when Hallie befriends another man who she hangs out with.

In the midst Hallie keeps getting threatening notes to stay away from Sean.  Turns out it is from his ex who wants him back.  On a business getaway Hallie runs into the ex girlfriend and Sean together where Sean does not explain the entire situation which leads her to break up with him.

When she returns home, she realizes she is pregnant and not hearing for him weeks she decides to leave and move back to her parents.  She figures she will tell him about the pregnancy before she leaves.  Hallie been having a bad time with morning sick and one day at work she suddenly faints due to extreme dehydration. 

Sean hears that she collapse and rushes to her side.  She eventually tells him and they work things out as she moves in with her since she has a buyer for her house.  Can their love survive even among the ups and downs or will the next storm tear them apart?




If you enjoy meeting other readers, developing friendships and celebrating books, Gia's Gang is the place for you! You'll have access to exclusive release information, teasers, contests, and future projects. Join today!
- I have a degree in Behavioral Science.
- I’m a huge college football fan.
- I don’t write in order.
- Secretly, I’d love to be country singer and live in Nashville. I guess it’s not a secret anymore.
- I’ve been to eleven countries but never ventured out of North America.
- I’d rather pick truth than dare.
- My first concert was Boyz II Men.
- I’m a germaphone.
- I’d like to spend the day with Jimmy Fallon, Melissa McCarthy, and Kristen Wiig.
- I’ve never owned an iphone. I’m a Samsung Galaxy girl.
I'm a lover of all things romance and a firm believer that everyone deserves a happily ever after. Currently residing in the small but mighty state of Delaware, I take pride in creating characters who are real, personable, and entertaining. 
When I'm not busy working on my next book, I can be found roaming the isles of Kirkland's or up to my elbows in Play-doh.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment