Challenge Participant 80% Professional Reader Reviews Published

Sunday 1 March 2015

Adriana Locke's "The Perception"






Synopsis:

There is no greater burden than a secret, and Kari Stanley has been carrying one alone for a long time. But fate intervenes in the form of a broken down car and the kind offer of assistance from a handsome stranger with a sweet, southern drawl. In exchange, all she has to do is go to dinner with him. Temptation was never so sweet.

Max Quinn has secrets of his own. His good deeds aren't just a product of his southern upbringing; they're his atonement. As one dinner turns into two, he realizes that Kari just might be his salvation.

As they struggle to find their path together, their secrets weigh heavier on them. Will they be able to trust one another with the truth, or will their secrets keep them apart forever?


Review:

4 out of 5 stars Kindle Copy for Review

Kari Stanley has her own secrets that she never even told her sister but they soon will be unraveled.

She did not mean to fall in love when a stranger helps her when her car broke down.  All he asks was dinner for his troubles as she cannot resist his offer.

The stranger is Max Quinn who also has his own secrets.  But one dinner turns out more than either realize as they cannot help wanting more.

These two are meant for each other but will their past destroy them when their secrets come to light or can they save each other?  We root for them despite the people who try to tear them apart.

It’s about trust and learning to love the one you are meant to be despite 



Author Bio:

Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, she has created her own.

The Exception was Adriana’s debut novel and released late last year. The Perception is a stand-alone that follows two secondary characters from The Exception. Her third novel, Sacrifice, will be released Summer 2015.

Adriana lives in the Midwest with her family. She spends copious amounts of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. Her favorite things include sunshine, candy, and random quotes.

She loves to hear from readers. You can find her:

Website:        www.adrianalocke.com
TSU:               www.tsu.com/adrianalocke
Twitter:         @AuthorALocke
Pinterest:      www.pinterest.com/authoralo




 Snippet:
“Ready for this?” he asked, setting everything down. He attached a green spinning piece onto the end of one line and handed it to me.
“Um, we’re using an ornament instead of a worm?”
Max tossed his head back and laughed. “It’s called a lure and yes, we are. Go ahead and cast out.”
I held the pole in my hand and just looked at him. “And I do that how?”
“For heaven’s sake,” he grumbled with a smile on his lips. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, grabbing the pole.
“We could just go back inside,” I said, half kidding.
He ignored me. “You just draw it back like this, pull it forward and press this button,” he said, doing it for me. “That’s all there is to it. Now you wait for something to bite or you can reel it in and toss it out again. Up to you.”
He left me standing there and got his own pole ready. His muscles rippled through his shirt, his skin peeking from under the hemline as he reached and bent. I sat down in the cool grass and watched the show.
Max cast his line in the water a few yards away from mine. The moon began to peek through the clouds, the light making my man look even sexier.
He cast his line out again, looking completely content.
“I don’t think anything’s gonna bite,” I said, starting to reel mine in.
“That’s not the point,” he said, laughing softly.
“Getting a fish to bite isn’t the point? What am I missing?”
“Fishing is an art. You can sit here forever and not get a bite. But unless you’re feeding your family on it, it doesn’t matter.”
I looked at him like he was crazy. “Okay. So the point is to waste time?”
“No, sweetheart. The point is to let the water and the air and the quiet take you away. Fishing is something you can do alone if you need to clear your head. You can do it with a buddy or your dad if you want to bond. It’s a tradition, I guess.”
I reeled my line in and cast it out again. “So we’re bonding?”
He smirked. “This is one of my favorite ways to bond.”
“Huh. I’d have thought your favorite way to bond included more, you know, bonding. Contact. That kind of thing.” I let my gaze fall to the bulge in his jeans and looked back up again.
“You better stop looking at me like that, sweetheart,” he warned.
“Or what?”
Giveaway Link:


No comments:

Post a Comment