Challenge Participant 80% Professional Reader Reviews Published

Sunday 30 November 2014

Masquerade By: S.N. Williams



Title: Masquerade
By: S.N. Williams
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Have you ever felt like you were wearing a mask, like a masquerade mask you were at ball? I have worn one before at a ball where I felt my most comfortable in my own skin.
My name is Julia Falls. I felt like for some time now that I have been wearing a mask. I had a horrible accident and don’t remember what happened before it or even why I was in an accident. I have never felt like myself until I meet a guy I fall head over heels in love with. Chris is truly my soul mate but I still feel like things are still being hidden from me. Things get worse when my nightmares return of the death of my parents and my accident. Also dealing with raising my little sister is another stress to add to my life.
Will I ever shed the mask? Will Chris and I last through all the turmoil of lies reaching the surface? Time will only tell.





Review

4 out of 5 stars Arc for Review

Living a life through a masquerade mask that is how Julia Falls feel.  She once wore one at a ball and at the time she felt most comfortable in her skin.

Julia does not remember her teenage years or the once love of her life who suddenly disappeared from her life right before they were headed off to college together.  She gets into a bad accident and was in a coma for a year and half and does not remember the accident and how she swerved off the road hitting a tree while arguing with her parents.

She has selective memories as she awakes to find that she has a nine month sister Lucy whom she does not remember her mom being pregnant at the time.  Julia finally goes off to college and  ends up with a boyfriend named Allan during  her time.  Allan has problems with his sister as he always goes off to rescue her.  He allows his close fraternity brother Chris to watch over whenever he disappears.
When graduation party at the fraternity house, Julia and Chris confesses their love for each other but before Julia can tell Allan how she feels, her parents and sister are in a car accident leaving her parents dead and her sister with a broken arm.

As she tries to move on after her parents’ death with Chris and Lucy, she starts getting nightmares.  Slowly her memory starts to return as she seeks professional help along the way.  What will these nightmares tell her about her missing years and can she have a happy ever after once the truth is known?  Can she trust again beyond the lies?






Shannon is from Dothan, Alabama. She is married to her best friend and has three kids. Her first book, New Beginnings, was written due to things that happened in her life. She is an avid reader who loves all her book boyfriends. She is also on a blog with two great girls, Sandie and Dee. 

Social Media Links:






No comments:

Post a Comment